Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baby Booties and Birthdays

We went to a baptism for twins recently. Doug is the godfather for the little boy (Baby W) and another friend is the godmother to the little girl (Baby E). We are the godparents to their other daugther. They've been friends of Doug's for years now, so I felt the need to make a little something special. I knit up little silk slippers for Baby E and added a few beads and organza ribbon. For Baby W I knit up little cream alpaca slip-ons, but added a button for decoration and ribbons to help keep them on his little feet.

We also had several birthday celebrations at our house during the month of March. Hayden turned 5. He had a pirate party with 15 preschoolers at our house. It went off without a hitch! Here's the cake I made for the party (6 cake mixes and a lot of frosting later...) and the pirate and his friends.

Lainey turned 2 and had a tea party with her little friends. They all played very well together.Then we had little finger sandwiches, juice, fruit salad and birthday cake. I borrowed a couple of little tables and chairs (we had enough seating for 4) and had them in the kitchen for easy clean up. There were 9 little kids (a few of them were bigger siblings) and she seemed to have a great time! (Hayden dressed up too!)

On the knitting front, I still have pictures to take and post of my fingerless mitts. I'm working on a hat for my husbands birthday (today!) that is almost finished. I'm also working on Uptown Boot Socks for my mom's birthday (which was Monday), but I only have the first sock finished. She's tried it on though and loves it!

We had another trip to the ER last week for our littlest monkey. She fell off a kitchen stool and hit her head. About 30 minutes later she threw up on me, so off to the ER for a CAT scan. Everything looked okay, but we got up every 2 hours through the night to make sure it was still that way.

We also registered for kindergarten! I shed no tears, but find myself thinking about his baby years a lot. He's excited, which makes it a lot easier for me. It's raining here again today, so pictures may have to wait a bit more.

1 comment:

WandaWoman said...

Those baby slippers are so incredibly cute!

Glad the kids' birthday parties went off without a hitch. I love that Lainey had a tea party!

I'm also glad that the little miss is ok after falling off a stool. I'm sure that has to be pretty scary for you.

Happy Birthday to the Hubby!