Thursday, May 3, 2007

Socks, Socks, Socks

Well, here is a picture of the Opal socks (very boring to knit stockinette, but very UN-boring stripes!) When I showed them to Becky the other day and she tried one on they were "her". She's a very natural person and she's a musician. They just said "I am Becky". On a side note, I just want to state that matching socks is not a big deal to me. I like pooling. But these started out perfectly! Until, the toe... see the grey stripe and blue stripe next to each other? The blue stripe starts grey for a round or so, then turns blue... What happened there? There weren't any breaks in the yarn? I actually like it, but I was quite confused as I was knitting!
Now, I'm starting two pairs of socks... One for hubby (to wear when he goes fly fishing - under his waders). I'm using Prairie Silks in red, grey and black and I'm using the resoleable pattern from the Favorite Socks book. The other pair is for my Sock Pal. I'm still vacillating on the pattern (I've got two Cookie A. patterns that I think would work well, but there are several lacy patterns in Favorite Socks that are nice.) I decided to go ahead and start Doug's pair so that when I didn't have the mind for a chart I'd have some plain stockinette to fall back on. I've also got 3 months to finish the SP socks and I don't want to finish them too fast and just look at them until August 2.

I somehow don't see Sahara being finished before our trip to New Orleans. Oh well, it will be started sometime soon.

Oh, I already sold some yarn (Lorna's Laces, some Frog Tree and Elsebeth Lavold). Mom is coming over today and I'm going to run to the P.O. to mail. I'll just wait patiently to see if I hear from anyone else. I've also got a few other things to post. If they don't move in the next week or two I may try placing them on EBay. It's always so hard to get rid of things, but once you start doing it (whether it's a garage sale, salvation army or on the web), it feels good!

It's dreary and rainy here today! Hope someone is enjoying some sunshine today!

Jenn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool socks!

Jenn said...

Thanks, Laura! It's all the yarn! It even makes stockinette look good!