Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Finally Fini

I finished the Wine and Roses mitts last night! Blocked, dried and ready to wrap up for the giftee. I hope she likes them! I enjoyed the pattern and definitely plan on making a pair for myself (out of my stash). My only problem was that if I even attempted to knit on them (other than a few stockinette rows) I would mess something up and have to tink back. I've not done a lot of lacework (no big lace shawls here), but did enjoy it. I think I need to wait until the kids are a bit older though. Today is my L's first birthday! I had just gone to the dr to discuss being induced and we set it up for two days later. (My son was 9 1/2 pounds and 2 weeks early.) Because of some problems I had about a week after he was born (vaginal hematoma that ruptured and emergency surgery - I don't recommend it!) they were a bit concerned that we might have problems if she was also big. But, she knew what she was doing! 10 p.m. that night, my water broke. By midnight my contractions had started and I had her (naturally) at 3:30 a.m. She was 9 pounds even and 21 inches long. No complications this time! She's beautiful and healthy AND she just started walking everywhere. She's also trouble! I'm hoping to swatch for my Sahara and (possibly) start on my Clapotis. I also had to clean up the house a bit, bake a cake (see cake smeared on baby above!) and prepare for our little birthday party tonight. I'm guessing there won't be too much time for knitting today, but if I can at least get the swatch finished I'll be happy. Doug leaves tomorrow afternoon and won't be home until Sunday.


Jenn

No comments: